Oregon Lawmakers Consider Free Postage For Voting By Mail
– Chris Lehman, Northwest News Network
Voting in Oregon could get even easier — and cheaper. Lawmakers are considering a measure that would require the state to pay the postage when voters return their ballots through the mail…
This would let people return their ballots without stamps. The government would pick up the cost of postage.
Advocates, including the Oregon Bus Project, said millennials rarely mail anything and are often confused about where to buy stamps. They said having the state pay for postage would give younger voters more access to the polls.
The bill doesn’t have a price tag yet, but if every eligible voter took advantage of the offer, it would cost the state more than $1.2 million per election…
We Respond & Your Comments
Here it is, Dear Readers – Liberalism, Progressivism, Idiotism – whatever you want to call it – on steroids.
Look at the premises behind this latest act of Salem lunacy:
- People are stupid – Despite the fact that there are ballot drop boxes scattered around like goose poop in Alton Baker Park, people are too darn dumb to find them;
- Millennials, who can root out 200 micro-aggressions and 26 “Safe Zones” every day at every college, can’t figure out how to find a stamp and slap it on an envelope;
- People aren’t responsible for returning their free ballots;
- People are so irresponsible they’re glad to let “The Government” pay for it. Look, Stupid, it’s not “The Government.” It’s your neighbors.
This is just the latest, and maybe the stupidest example of how happy these Salem space cadets are to spread your money around.